maandag 6 juni 2016

FinnBadger (4)



At first sight FinnBadger startled me by sending this 'envelope'. Well, first I didn't know who the sender was, which is not that frightening, but the thing that scared me was the idea that a bad odour of rotten Scandinavian fish would come out, into my nose, as soon as I would open this plastic bag envelope. So after hesitating for some time I had a try. Fortunately my worries had been in vain. A sweet smell proofed that these Scandinavian swimmers must have been born in a candy factory instead of a Swedish lake or Norwegian river.



Luckily for me there were no candies inside (I am not that fond of candies) but something far more beautiful: a nice letter and a great two-sided piece of colour test print (aka color bar) art.
The green side shows (sweet smelling) underwater life: a Jellyfish, Mermaids, Sea Horses, Molluscs (among them a Sea Snail) and various sea weeds. A clever piece of recycling art, and FinnBadger even recycled received stickers.



The back side (also sweet smelling) shows this intriguing colour test print (or: color bar) flower:



Thank you very much, FinnBadger (and indirectly Eva for the Mermaids and Molluscs :-) )!

7 opmerkingen:

  1. I was worried how well it would travel, and doesn't even look like it got a postmark - amazing! And yes, thanks to Eva for her unwitting collaboration.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I noticed the lack of postmarks so I thought it a good idea to return the envelope to you so you can re-use it again :-)
      (Please have a little patience, as I am behind with my mail it can take some days to weeks before the 'envelope' will be outgoing again..)

      Verwijderen
  2. Thanks for the offer, but you don't need to send it back - it is a crime to reuse them,plus it will cost you more in postage. Unless of course you are turning it into recycled mail at from you :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Or maybe your idea to send it back is the hope that I can fill it with another ocean scene?

      Verwijderen
    2. Haha, no not necessarily re-use it to send to me.
      Just do what you prefer. Well, first see if the bag reaches your home, I didn't send it yet.. :-)

      By the way, concerning naming reusing unmarked stamps a crime or not has been discussed before at the IUOMA site (as you know). To my opinion mail loving people, like you and me, who use too much postage at a regular base (to get variety in stamps for the receivers), I don't think criminal when they use an unmarked stamp again. Speaking for myself, more than once I am sticking two national stamps to my mail, to please the receiver (and Dutch PostNL by buying more than enough stamps). This costs me (in 2016) € 0.73 each, soin total € 1.46, while for international post € 1.25 is sufficient.

      Verwijderen