zondag 17 juli 2011

Daniel



I feel very happy and honoured to be the receiver of the very first postcard made by Daniel (sent from the USA)!!
I love coloured pencil drawings, and I love pelicans, who are weird, too, having a large bill with a distendible pouch beneath it.

Daniel made me curious, there is something he knows and I don't: who is hidden in this Brown Pelican's mouth? Definitely this 'Help!' crying creature isn't as lucky as Marlin and Dory in Nigel's pouch.

Together with the beautiful drawing I received this photo postcard with more information about this kind of Pelican. So I learned the Brown Pelican is the Louisiana State Bird (strange enough we don't have a Dutch provincial or even national bird, as far as I know) and that the young pelicans feed by sticking their heads into the pouch. The Brown Pelican has been in danger of extinction, but thanks to extensive conservation efforts this marvellous bird has been making a comeback.



Thank you so much, Daniel!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten