woensdag 29 september 2010

Carolien van der Gaag



The Heron!
Such a common bird, I always thought, as the heron always is around in our country. In the park, in the zoo (as a free bird, where he/she likes to snatch the zoo animals' food), on top of the street-lights, houses, schools, etcetera.
But this beautiful painting by Carolien van der Gaag changed my mind. The Heron indeed is a weird - and interesting - animal!

I once saw a documentary about the heron in the big city (titled 'Schoffies', which means 'Rascals'). And I'm sure, if I'll see this documentary ever again, thanks to Carolien's choice this will be with a completely different view.

Beautiful also is the completely painted A4 sized envelope.
With on the backside this goose...



... and in front this parrot.



On the backside of the Heron there are a lot more to think about!



Finally, very happy I also am with this mail art postcard! Which shows a cute interaction between the two pictured birds.



Thanks a lot, hartelijk dank, Carolien!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten